Sunday, June 24, 2007

- Frozen -


The pendulum is ticking but the needles do not seem to change their positions. All the theories of time apply, over this waiting lounge, right now.
I find it abstruse whether I, here at this place of motionless sights, am in consistency with time or not. If I were consistent, I would have been passing.. trickling down continuously. I would have been in mental or physical motion. I would have been. But, I'm not.

These pen strokes are intended efforts to facilitate my mind for timeless wandering. To break this ice... the ice of time. This ice is frozen.
Would it object over my intelligence or sanity if I declare the time a frozen ice? Who would be the subject, if I'm the object?

Time is the relative occurrences of events in a sequence which is not known to us. And so It would be an absurd if the chain of this sequence is believed, suspected or even imagined to be set by any living agency.
I am co-related with my surroundings. And yet there can not be detected any such relationship which grows. It is static. Still.
The ambience around me chimes with stillness.

People wait for things to happen, events to occur. Very few do not; they rather happen to things. But all this course takes permission from time. Anything inconsistent with the consent of time, does not exist. We all are waiting for another event to occur, with a hope to determine our status in relation to the event. Consequently, time will be determined and marked.
Until then, we are waiting... waiting for something to occur.
We might only then be re-defined.


2:30 a.m.
April 4, 2007
ICU Waiting Lounge
Remedial Centre, Karachi

No comments: